27 April 2009

5 Songs I'd Put in a Fashion Show

Alright everyone, the bitch is back! After far too long (those trips to Paris just get in the WAY) and with a renewed computer I am back with another of what I hope will be a regular feature on what I hope will become a regularly-updated blog!

While spacing out in class today I came with this thought....that if I were to somehow attain one of my dream jobs and possessed the power to create fashion show experiences then what music would I use? As we all know, the music is almost as important as the clothes! To wit, here are my 5 songs of the moment that I would use in a fashion show:




1. Pet Shop Boys-Love Etc.


PSB has always been like Erasure for me, music that I thought I should like. Well thanks to their last two albums and a thorough listening of the back catalog now I do! Their new single is high drama fantasma...a great walker! (I tried ;-)





2. Yeah Yeah Yeah's-Soft Shock


Beautiful song...great musical breakdown





3. Visage-Fade to Grey


Love the wierd French voice in the background, also not a song that is instantly recognizeable. Only downside, that spawn Kelly Osbourne totally ripped it off for "One Word"...what can you do...





4. Ladyhawke-My Delirium


Love love love this song. Another good walker (I tore up 7th Ave.) Driving and yet moody.






5. Hi Tack-Let's Dance


I like this remix almost as much as the original...but for a show this would be much more appropriate. It's David Bowie and a fashion show, need I say more?



No comments:

Post a Comment