25 March 2009

Luhrve my new shoes

This is the first part of what will be a regular feature here on Hay! Andy entitled Luhrve. What exactly is Luhrve you may ask?? Why, darlings it is love, but not just love. It is L-O-V-E, capital O-V-E. It is a love so profound that it can only be pronounced like a French Canadian duck after one too many diet cokes.

Exhibit A


Let's spread some luhrve!

Haaaave you met Salvatore?? Yes darlings, Ferragamo. It is deep and it is real this luhrve. Having always considered myself more of a Gucci bitch (Tom Ford makes me moist like a snack cake, what can I say?) I find this new luhrve shocking, if not a bit a like cheating. its dirty and I like it.

So what has spurred me to declare my luhrve for what I previously termed "The pretender to Gucci's throne"? it is these dears:


Boat shoe inspired driving loafers with a RED sole and none of that tacky, LL Bean suede string! Ay mami! its too much! When I first saw these, there was indeed an audible GASP heard throughout 27th street. If you tanned my skin and made Andy shoes, they would look like this. Its got everything! Classic euro sexiness (shows just the right amount of ankle ;-), unexpected details, RED, and no visible sign of their hideous logo anywhere on the outside! (ANNNND even better! I got them wholesale!!) I have to say that this shoe is a perfect representation of the amped up style over at Sal's house. Witnessing what they offer in their own boutiques versus the stuffy old man shoes I'd always seen at Neiman's, Sak's etc., I have been very impressed. Two years ago they had gorgeous purple velvet lace ups, with a looong toe, very flattering. And while the staid classics are still around, there are more and more better offering from the "fashion" lines. OH and they're bags have improved immensely too!!

Just do me a favor, powers that be at Ferragamo, GIVE UP on trying to make a logo. I know I know I know, this is the IT thing in the industry. Everyone's gotta have some shit ass monogram to plaster all over EVERYthing, especially the cheap shit that the plebes buy. But seriously, just don't do it. Take the high road. The only thing worse than a bag with logos all over it is one where the logo doesn't mean anything (C's and G's of an interlocking variety are, of course exceptions) Are you listening Kenneth Cole, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren???? Stop putting your initals on the bags...no one cares.

3 comments:

  1. It's the male Louboutin! Agree about the logo. I cringe everytime I see a Guess bag. And even Coach is just not tolerable.. ugh.. not the right "C" at all. Sometimes, these people look like alphabet soup threw up on them. Ew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celine? I did not know you liked her...I like this song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. come on Mr. Andy...we want new stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete